E2 Optics is an award-winning, Woman-Owned technology integrator, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We help clients deploy remarkably efficient solutions that are modern, turnkey, and minimize operational costs. We design low voltage solutions that seamlessly integrate audiovisual, physical security, structured cabling, and wireless solutions, including DAS and WiFi systems. Our experience spans Enterprise and Government clients within the Energy, Finance, Health Care, Higher Education, Manufacturing, Media & Communications, and Transportation industries. Our Core Values, which are built around Safety, guide our business, employees, and relationships with customers and partners. We embrace these values to be a better business and better people, while having fun in the process. As a result, we've set a new standard, and our clients have made E2 Optics one of America's largest and fastest-growing companies.
Working as a member of a project team, the Technician II is primarily responsible for enhancing over-all job site productivity and ensuring high-quality work. The Technician II will work with multiple aspects of the cable installation process including OSP, ISP, rack, stack, patch, pathway construction, rough-in, routing, Telecommunication Room build-out, cable terminations, labeling, and grounding. This employee may be assigned to train Technicians I and Installers to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of their positions with the goal of completing tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency, while practicing professionalism for optimal job performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is E2's number one Core Value. Follow safe work practices and company and client work site policies.
- Promotes company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Installation of structured cabling systems including all aspects of the installation process: OSP, ISP, Rack, Stack, Patch, Fusion Splicing, Testing
- Reads and interprets all floor plans, drawings, specifications, and cut sheets
- Properly sets up a variety of copper and fiber testers
- Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required
- Terminates, labels, tests and troubleshoots optical fiber and copper installations.
- Adequately train Technicians and Installers to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of their positions.
- Proactively oversee and lead job site organization and basic housekeeping maintenance.
- Proactively complete all E2’s paperwork accurately and on time specifically: timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, and others as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain satisfactory compliance with customer security requirements
- Excel in technical tasks such as testing and troubleshooting
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Fiber Optic Association CPCT preferred.
- Fiber Optic Association CFOT preferred.
- Minimum 2 – 6 years’ work experience in Structured Cabling experience in a commercial construction environment.
- 2+ years of experience in Fiber.
- Data Center installation experience.
- OSHA 10 Certification required.
- Read, write, and understand English
- Able to distinguish color codes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and excellent work ethic that aligns with E2’s Core Values.
- Solid team player exhibiting E2’s core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity and respect.
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of the structured cabling system. including pathways, spaces, horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross- and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding applicable codes, standards, and industry-best practices and the ability to differentiate between them and make recommendations.
- Ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for a given task.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team members.
- Ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments.
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to distinguish color codes and read a tape measure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook.
- Must be able to meet E2’s driving standards policy.
- Demonstrated teamwork and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments
POSITION BONUS ATTRIBUTES
- Obtain company approved (manufacturer) certifications
- Obtain BICSI Installer either Level 1 or Level 2 certification
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The standard work environment for this position is an indoors business office and construction environment. Ability to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms on intermittent to regular basis daily. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The employee may be required to work in tight, confined spaces. The employee must demonstrate regular and on-time attendance. There could be a requirement of occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Actively recruits qualified women, minorities, disabled and veterans for all positions for which they are qualified.