Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel. Your responsibilities
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
The role reports to the Senior Sales Staff Manager. As a Sales Application Engineer, Power Delivery for ABB will provide technical support to the Regional Commercial team in the development of field services proposals for power delivery, power utilization and automation equipment and systems. In this role you will identify and propose value-added service solutions to a broad range of Industrial customers including Power Distribution upgrades, Relay upgrades and Arc Flash Mitigation Solutions. In this fast paced, customer facing role, you will require strong field service technical skills and highly effective communication skills.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities to maintain and grow the sales pipeline.
- Develop technical solutions to meet customer business needs.
- Communicate requirements for order fulfillment to sourcing and operations.
- Document competitors' activities and assess potential market moves.
- Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations.
- Make technical presentations to all levels of customer organization.
- Support development of engineering and installation work scopes, schedules and cost estimates to facilitate total scope project offerings.
- Put together quality and timely technical scope / solution / customer benefits that can be incorporated into proposal documents.
- Be responsible for technical leadership on all Field Service proposals, including identifying on-site material and labor requirements, job-site walks, customer bid reviews, specification reviews and competitive analysis.
- Provide input for NPI (New Product Introduction) programs and introduce new services / products to sales / service teams and clients.
- Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO (Inquiry TO Order) quality goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience with the application of Power Distribution upgrades, Relay upgrades, and Arc Flash Mitigation Solutions.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in application engineering or field engineering in automation products and systems including a minimum of 5 years of experience working with customers in the Oil & Gas, metals, mining, paper, Power Gen or other general industries.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Ability and willingness to travel 80% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Preferred.
- Six sigma training or equivalent quality training.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong creative problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong customer mindset.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience with customer specifications review, proposal development, and contract development and negotiations.
- Prior experience in developing and writing specifications and proposals.
- Ability to bring an innovative approach to complicated problem solving.
- Ability to provide technical direction and training for leadership program candidates.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented setting and develop complex solutions utilizing the entire GE portfolio.