Bilingual Interpreter/ Translator II (Japanese/ English)
Columbus OH / Marysville, OH Region
A global renowned automotive manufacturing company that continues to innovate and grow, by researching and developing high quality automobiles and power equipment products, is looking for a Bilingual Japanese Interpreter/ Translator.
As one of the world leading automotive company, they are looking for a talent who can help them further their mission.
You will work closely with staff Interpreting and Translating throughout their facility.
As an interpreter, your work is critical that both your Japanese and English be smooth and easy to understand. You will be working in a highly technical and innovative environment
Essential Duties (Not Official: Please ask the interviewer for more details)
* Responsible for converting spoken statements or written material from Japanese to English or English to Japanese in a meeting and office environment setting during hours required.
* Speech interpretation may involve listening to, understanding and memorizing content, then reproducing statements, questions and speeches in Japanese and/or English.
* Written materials primarily include technical, administrative and presentation documents.
* Ability to provide quality simultaneous interpretation Japanese to English and English to Japanese (equipment provided) would preferred, but at a minimum needs to be able to provide quality consecutive interpretation in both Japanese to English and English to Japanese.
* Skilled in document translation in both Japanese to English and vice versa.
* Perform translation as needed.
Your hours will likely be irregular in order to meet the demands users.
That means some days will be short and some will be long. For most weeks, though, the goal will be to keep you from going over 40 hours for the whole week.
While travel is usually not common, there may be times when you will need to visit suppliers, etc.
AA/ AS degree or higher education
5 years or more relevant interpretation experiences
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.